· Insure that purchases are made in accordance with current Company policy. Assure that vendors are approved and that PO procedures are followed.
· Assure that all parts, equipment and supplies purchased are delivered and that any outside service work is performed satisfactorily before processing the invoice for payment.
· Assure that there is a daily bank deposit of all checks and money orders received.
· Assure that petty cash is secured, properly accounted for by reconciling your petty cash at least once a month.
· Become thoroughly familiar with all accounting procedures.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; coaching, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems and issues.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CAM, or IREM certification highly desirable.
Familiar with federal, state, and jurisdictional laws and regulations concerning multi-family housing, Fair Housing, and employee safety.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
· Requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions, including reaching, bending, or carrying
· Requires you to be able to walk the property and units to ensure that the units are move-in ready and to ensure that the property is being maintained.
· Requires manual dexterity with normal hand/finger movement and coordination
· Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
· Occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 25 pounds
· Working environment is typically in an office setting, with occasional need to leave the premises for business purposes
· Requires the ability to drive an automobile in order to make bank runs or to attend meetings
· Requires the use of a telephone, fax machine, computer, printer, calculator, copy machine, and other typical office equipment
· May work non-traditional hours, including evenings or weekends in order to complete work or to attend meetings
· Must have a valid State Driver’s license.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Cheryl Van Dusen, CAPS
LYND | Your Home. Our Passion.